Tuesday, October 9, 2012

ROCKING A FEDORA HAT WITH MY TWA!

TWA hair
First of all, "what is a TWA you say"? To be honest, I learned what this terminology meant only a few weeks ago. I never knew what it meant specifically, I just gathered after a while, that it had to do with shorter natural hair. Finally after seeing this term being used so much  I wanted to really know what it meant. Here it is: T-Teenie, W-Weenie, A-Afro. Tweenie, weenie, Afro  What does that mean to us natural chicas'? Tons of wash and go's, paired with a ton of Gel. What does that equal? In the winter time, it means a head cold. Do I want a head cold? Absolutely not!

With that being said, I decided to begin finding other ways to grow out my TWA the healthy way, without it breaking off in the cold, as well as me getting a head cold from trying to look decent. That's when I first considered wearing a Fedora as a great alternative. Fedora's are a great alternative in the Fall/ Winter months as they provide protection from the cold weather. You can moisturize your hair to the fullest, throw on a stylish fedora hat, and be out the door within ten minutes. It's so quick simple, and healthier.

Do you use Fedora's or any other types of hats as protective styling?
If so what types?
What other protective styling methods do you use for you hair in the winter?

Please check out my video on how I wear my fedora...





If you are thinking about purchasing some fedora's for your collection? Here are some suggestions...



 The Halogen Fedora- Nordstrom ($38)


Juicy couture cropped hat- ($30)





Hope you like these options!

xoLJ



No comments:

Post a Comment